I love Valentine’s Day! Yes, I know it is a manufactured holiday but I don’t care. You can never celebrate too much love in my book.
One of the ways I love to celebrate it is with food.
I love to gather friends for a Vday party but this year because it falls on a weekday, I’m choosing to do easy with high impact for my Valentine! I’m surprising my husband and starting his day out with fabulously simply and stunningly beautiful French Toast strips.
How can French Toast be stunningly beautiful you ask? Ah, it’s all in the presentation..and this presentation knocks it out of the park. I serve it with syrup in two ounce glasses (votive candle holders are a great substitute).
And, this caddy is a great way to introduce the presentation!
The recipe delivers high impact taste. It’s easy, quick and fun to eat and requires no utensils!
EASY ELEGANT FRENCH TOAST
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10-15 minutes
5 slices Fresh Brioche Bread Loaf (Whole Foods carries the best)!
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
2 ½ Tablespoons butter (to saute)
Serve with Raw Agave Nectar. You can also use Maple Syrup.
Variation: For a southern kick add 2 jiggers of bourbon to the egg batter.
- Cut the slices of Brioche into 4 even pieces. I only trim the side crust off, leaving the top and bottom.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla.
- Dip each rectangular piece of bread into the egg mixture. Make sure each side is thoroughly coated. Place the coated pieces on a plate or aluminum foil.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sticks in two rows making sure not to crowd them. Use tongs to turn the pieces. (Brioche is very light bread and is much easier to handle with tongs). Cook all 4 sides until golden brown and slightly crisped on the edges.
- Pour Agave Nectar into each of the dipping glasses and add the Brioche sticks. Serve immediately.
Lastly, I have to say that if you waiting to find your Valentine…..make this for yourself or call a friend to join you! As I said when I started, in my book you can never celebrate too much love for yourself or others!
Happy Valentine’s Day!